Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Greece from the deck of a yacht

To me, seeing Greece from the deck of a yacht -- away from noise, pollution, crowds and a frenetic pace of life -- seems to me the perfect choice! We chose Seapaths as the company because it offers all-inclusive yacht charters around the Greek islands.

I look forward to being able to decide where I want to go and having our own private cook who gets up at dawn to go into the quaint little fishing village whose marina we're docked at -- and brings back yogurt, fresh honey and fruits -- isn't bad either! I'm already dreaming about eating breakfast al fresco on the deck and watching the sun rise over white houses and colorful wooden fishing boats, turning the crystal clear waters of the Med into turquoise and azure blue. I'm already thinking about enjoying the exhilaration of flying over the water, feeling the wind on our faces and taking a turn at the wheel.

After a nap, we'd sail to a new island, exploring the historical and cultural treasures, getting to know the locals and enjoying the "real" Greece, not the tourist traps.

Greece Online Travel

Greece Travel Photo Gallery